February 9, 2011 By thea
Why, oh why, did I let myself fall into the trappings of Weekend Fare and Superbowl Food?
Hell, I didn’t even go to a Superbowl party! I seriously just went to my friends house, had a martini (or two) and then made a plate of food and went home. I was there a grand total of 15 minutes.
Have you noticed that when you haven’t eaten a particular food in a really long time that when you have that food, your body is like AW, HELLZ TO THE NO! and completely revolts and Tums is your friend?
That would be the story of my weekend.
And while Monday and Tuesday wasn’t nearly as bad as the weekend, my eating and working out was not what it should have been.
So, I’m not at all surprised that I’m up a pound this week to 158.
No big deal. It happens. The key is to not let it get to 159. Nip it in the bud, I say!
1. 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up 3 days a week. – Got it done twice.
2. Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week. – 3 runs (including 5k race) , 2 strength in, and 1 swim in.
3. One sweet a day, at the END of the day. – Not to bad with this. A few slip ups. Nothing major.
4. Limit pre-packaged foods. – I did great this week!!
February 2, 2011 By thea
I never confessed it yesterday, but I had a big bout of Emotional Eating for lunch yesterday. I went to McDonald’s and ordered a Quarter Pounder with Cheese Value Meal with a side of Cinnamon Melts.
On the way home, I realized what I had just done. Instead of cramming the food down my pie hole out of frustration (does anyone else eat faster when they are mad???) I decided to own up to my decision and enjoy my food. I slowed my eating down and savored each bite.
Did I regret it later my lunch later? Oh yeah. But there was no side of guilt to go along with it. There was no depression based on what I ate. I bought, ate it, enjoyed it, and moved on.
Heck, I even still worked out instead of giving in to that brick that was in my stomach. And I worked out hard. I ran my fastest mile ever and had a PR on the 5k distance.
As I sit here and write this, the song Defying Gravity pops into my head…
Something has changed within me Something is not the same I’m through with playing by the rules Of someone else’s game Too late for second-guessing Too late to go back to sleep It’s time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!
That’s where I am now. I’ve changed. I’ve turned a corner. I feel good. I’m happy. I’m strong.
It’s been a good week, ya’ll. A very good week, indeed. I maintained at 157.
I’ll take it.
1. 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up 3 days a week. – DID IT! 2. Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week. – 4 runs , 3 strength, in and 1 spinning in. 3. One sweet a day, at the END of the day. – Slipped up a little bit yesterday, but I hit it every other day.!
4. Limit pre-packaged foods. – I’m still struggling a little bit at night with this one, but for the most part I’m reaching for fruits and veggies during the day inistead of chips. That’s major progress.
January 26, 2011 By thea
I’m tired, ya’ll, so this post is going to be short and sweet.
I rocked this week. And the scale responded.
Funny how that happens, right?
Anyway I’m done 1.6 pounds this week to 157! Woo to the Hoo!
Here are my goals:
1. 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up 3 days a week. – DID IT!
2. Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week. – 4 runs in and 1 cardio in.
3. One sweet a day, at the END of the day. – NAILED IT!
4. Limit pre-packaged foods. – I slacked a little on this one, but never went overboard. Night time is the hardest for me when it comes to this.
January 19, 2011 By thea
I’m up one pound this week…back to 158.6.
I’m not pissed. I’m really not. I’m disappointed in myself.
For absolutely no reason at all, I ate 1/2 can of chocolate frosting last night.
I wasn’t depressed. I wasn’t sad. I wasn’t craving chocolate. I don’t even LIKE chocolate all that much. Which is why I’m disappointed. I made a conscious decision to eat it.
So. There you have it. I’m just feeling very blah about it all, especially since otherwise, I had a really good week. Here’s my goals…
1. 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up 3 days a week. – I got this done twice this week. 2. Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week. – 2 runs in and 2 cardios in. 3. One sweet a day, at the END of the day. – I was doing really, really well with this. And I guess technically the frosting was the only sweet I had yesterday and it WAS at the end of the day. : /
4. Limit pre-packaged foods. – I rocked this one…except for the frosting.
January 12, 2011 By thea
This week has been a little rough around the edges. I’ve been sick going on 7 days now, and while I’m starting to feel better, last weekend was really, really bad.
My head felt like it had a vice grip around it. There were a couple of times that I went to walk across the room and had to stop and grab onto something because of the shooting pains I was getting in my head.
So, my workouts were down, my eating was a little wonky, and I just generally felt blech, you know?
All that being said, I dd post a loss this week. It wasn’t as much as I was hoping for, but a loss is a loss and I’ll take it. I’m down .4 this week, which puts me at 157.6
This week will be better. It will be.
- 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up. – I intended to write “3 days a week”, which is exactly what I did. : )
- Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week. -UGH!!! I can try to blame this on being sick, but that wasn’t all of it… I was on the treadmill twice, and that was it.
- One sweet a day, at the END of the day. – 6 out of 7 days. I did pretty good with this one!
- Limit pre-packaged foods. – I was picking fruit and veggies for snacks whenever I could.
January 5, 2011 By thea
Howdy ho, neighbors! Oh. Wait. The Holiday Hoe-down is over. Let’s try that again.
I feel like I am a little late to the game because I was gone last week, so I’m just going to jump right into it.
I didn’t have access to a decent scale last week, so I’m going to use today’s weigh in as my starting point. This morning, I weighed in at 158.
This is up 1.5 pounds from 2 weeks ago. You know what? 1.5 pounds over Christmas AND New Year’s AND a road trip? I’ll take it. I just need to get back in the swing of things and start living intentionally.
My weight goal for this whole year is to stay in my healthy range of 153-157 pounds. I’ve started a new ticker (see it over there on the right?) for staying in this range in 2011. In 2010, I was able to stay in the range for 29/52 weeks. I know I can do better than that this year.
And you know what’s going to help me get there? Goals. Specific, quantifiable goals. Here’s what I have on tap for this challenge:
- 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up.
- Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week.
- One sweet a day, at the END of the day.
- Limit pre-packaged foods.
So there you have it! 2011, my best year yet.