August 26, 2010 By lisa
After seeing what today’s topic was for Thursday Three, I just knew I had to participate.
- Around my firstborns FIRST birthday, I knew that I need to take control of my weight. I weighed more than I ever had in my entire life (which coincidentally is just a few more lbs than I weigh now- HA!), I hated the way I looked and I hated the way I felt. I joined Weight Watchers in October 2004 and promptly lost 25 lbs in less than 3 months. I kept it off until I got pregnant with #2. Lather, rinse, repeat with each child (I have 3 kiddos).
- Another A-Ha moment was after the 1/2 marathon, that I ran/walked with an injured hip. Instead of being proud of my accomplishment of being able to complete the race AND raise tons of money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, all I could think of was the fact that I couldn’t do the race the way I thought I would be doing it. My brain and my body fought against each other, causing me massive amounts of stress, my hair to fall out, and a horrible sleep cycle. It sucked. After the race, after I had chilled out a bit, after I had rehabbed my hip injury and was on my way to recovery- during all of that time, I had LOTS of time to reflect on the entire experience. When I finally returned to running, after almost 3 months of non-running, I was completely humbled and awed by what my body was able to do, not what it cannot do. I no longer compare myself to others and how fast they run- I compare myself to ME. I enjoy the moments of running and feeling free. I enjoy bettering my mental toughness. I enjoy what my body will give me. Screw everything else. This was and is a HUGE “A-Ha” moment for me.
- The Bondi Bands that I always where when I exercise motivate me:
I have to go now! Thankyouverymuchbuhbye!
January 7, 2010 By lisa
I wanna play, I wanna play, I wanna play!
Here are my Thursday Three.
- Yesterday, I ate quite a bit of fiber, fruits and vegetables. It made for an interesting, root-toot-tooting time later in the day : ).
- I’ve mentioned this before, by one of my most embarrassing gym moments was when a trainer tapped me on the shoulder to inform me that a pair of panties had fallen out of my shorts (I was on the treadmill at the time). Can we say “mortified”?! Meanwhile, my girlfriend next to me tried to hold in her laughter as best as she could but she really didn’t do that good of a job.
- My eyebrows need to be waxed before they become one big uni-brow. For realz. And why does the wax lady always ask me if I want to get my upper lip waxed too?! WTH. I like my “mustache”.
Oh, that was so much fun! Head over to Thursday Three’s and link up your own “Three”.