September 28, 2011 By thea
So, I’m going this one alone. While I want the team thing to work for me, I usually do a really bad job of keeping up with everybody ON my team.
Half the time, I feel like I need to Outfit, Outlose, and Outlast myself, you know what I mean? My mind just gets in the way too much.
I’ll be rolling along, doing the challenges, weighing in…and there has been talk of a side bet among a few of us ladies not on a tribe this time. We’re still hammering out the details. We’ll see what happens with that one.
Every challenge needs some goals, right? Right. I’m big on goals. Just not always so big on following through with them. It’s a real issue I have.
- I’m about 6 pounds over where I’d like to be. My starting weight is 161. I will lose those 6 pounds and get down to 155 by the end of the challenge.
- I will do at least 30 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of strength, 5 days a week.
- I will cross the finish line of my first ever 1/2 marathon on October 16 UNDER the 3:00:00 mark.
I used to be in the habit of rewarding myself when I reached my goals. I should get back into that habit. I’m not sure what to do, though. I would like to come up with weekly goals and an overall goal. Gotta have something to work towards, you know? Do you have any suggestions?
August 31, 2011 By thea
Well, I didn’t quite make my goal of 2 pounds down from last week, but I am down 1 pound so I’ll take it. Overall for the challenge, I’m up a pound or two. What’s done is done, so there’s no use worrying about it. Time to move forward and make good choices THIS week.
But I’m not going to lie to you. I really, REALLY want to be back in my healthy weight range (2 pounds to go!) and start moving that little slide rule thingy over on my sidebar. It’s been sitting still for far too long.
Here are my specific goals:
- Dessert only once a week – Um… One time… Three times… Who’s counting, really?
- No snacking after 9pm – This is the one thing I’ve been able to keep up consistently over the course of the challenge. I haven’t had anything after 9pm for several weeks.
7 out of 84 out of 5 cardio workouts a week – Nailed it! I need to get back on the bike though, and soon. I haven’t been on since by tri at the beginning of the month (it was traumatic, yo) and I have my last tri of the season in about 3.5 weeks. Follow Boot Camp planGet in 3 strength sessions a week – I got at least two in, I know that. But I forget to keep track. BAD, GOAL SETTER!
August 24, 2011 By thea
Goals? What goals? Did I make goals?
Wait. What? I did make goals?
I’ve kind of let the goals go by the wayside. Which might explain why I’ve been gaining weight since the first week of this challenge. I’m technically a non-loser, but seem to be confused because I’ve turned that from “not trying to lose” into “actually gaining”.
I’m disappointed. But not discouraged. I know why I’m gaining. It’s like my mind, will power, and better judgement kind of checked out over the summer.
But I’m going to follow through with the mini-challenge this week and finish out this challenge with a bang. I’m going to put a one-week goal out there that I will be at 158 or below by next Wednesday. That’ll be a two pound loss. While that won’t put me quite back into my healthy range of 153-157, it’ll put me closer than I am now.
And just to refresh your (and my) memory, here’s the goals I set out for this challenge:
- Dessert only once a week
- No snacking after 9pm
7 out of 84 out of 5 cardio workouts a week – I’m amending this one because my training schedule doesn’t have as many workouts any more. Follow Boot Camp planGet in 3 strength sessions a week – Again, another amendment since I never really did the boot camp plan.
August 3, 2011 By thea
While I’m still carrying around the same attitude about summer as I had last week, I think it’s safe to say that I’m in a bit of a slump.
While I did lose a bit of weight this week, I’m still in a number range I don’t want to be in.
My ice cream/shake/dessert consumption has been off the charts.
My new found desire to track my food so I can properly fuel my body for triathlons has had a head on collision with my age old desire to not care about crap like that.
My cardio sessions have been cut way, way down out of pure laziness and lack of oomph.
My weight/resistance training has…well…I never really had that so I guess you can’t miss what you’ve never done.
My inner “I DON’T WANNA!!” is definitely rearing her ugly little head.
I’m going to try to knock her out this week. She’s quite the annoying one.
July 13, 2011 By thea
Summer is kicking my butt, guys. Last week in particular was pretty rough food wise. Based on my confessions yesterday, it’s no surprise that the scale showed a gain this week.
I’m a good two pounds out of my goal range, but I’m not discouraged. It’s just time to get back to the program…do what I know works, eat what I know fuels me, and relax about the whole thing. My stomach has not been happy with me lately, and I can’t blame it.
I started back to food tracking several weeks ago, but I got away from it last week. I’m not coming at it from a weight loss perspective, but rather a “fuel my body for insanely long workouts” perspective. Sports nutrition has been on my mind a lot lately.
Time to work the plan, yo.
Despite my horrible eating last week, I still pretty much rocked my goals!
- Dessert only once a week – I think I had dessert twice, maybe 3 times. Always ice cream, but pretty sensible portions. Let’s just pretend I imagined the caramel and hot fudge, though, m’kay?
- No snacking after 9pm – Actually, I nailed this every night.
- Complete 7 out of 8 cardio workouts a week – Getting stuff in while away last week proved a little hard. I was able to get 5 of my workouts in. I think I did something every single day.
- Follow Boot Camp plan – This one has definitely gone by the wayside. Time is just too much of an issue these days.
January 26, 2011 By thea
I’m tired, ya’ll, so this post is going to be short and sweet.
I rocked this week. And the scale responded.
Funny how that happens, right?
Anyway I’m done 1.6 pounds this week to 157! Woo to the Hoo!
Here are my goals:
1. 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up 3 days a week. – DID IT!
2. Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week. – 4 runs in and 1 cardio in.
3. One sweet a day, at the END of the day. – NAILED IT!
4. Limit pre-packaged foods. – I slacked a little on this one, but never went overboard. Night time is the hardest for me when it comes to this.
January 12, 2011 By thea
This week has been a little rough around the edges. I’ve been sick going on 7 days now, and while I’m starting to feel better, last weekend was really, really bad.
My head felt like it had a vice grip around it. There were a couple of times that I went to walk across the room and had to stop and grab onto something because of the shooting pains I was getting in my head.
So, my workouts were down, my eating was a little wonky, and I just generally felt blech, you know?
All that being said, I dd post a loss this week. It wasn’t as much as I was hoping for, but a loss is a loss and I’ll take it. I’m down .4 this week, which puts me at 157.6
This week will be better. It will be.
- 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up. – I intended to write “3 days a week”, which is exactly what I did. : )
- Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week. -UGH!!! I can try to blame this on being sick, but that wasn’t all of it… I was on the treadmill twice, and that was it.
- One sweet a day, at the END of the day. – 6 out of 7 days. I did pretty good with this one!
- Limit pre-packaged foods. – I was picking fruit and veggies for snacks whenever I could.
December 15, 2010 By thea
Hey! Guess who didn’t check in last week!
I was way up because I’m a girl and “way up, bloated mess” happens every 28 days.
And maybe it was all the take out and pizza, too. Hm. Hard to tell.
Or maybe the lack of exercise. That could have been it, too.
Anyway, I am back down this week…1.8 pounds. Which doesn’t even put me in my healthy range, so that gives you an idea of exactly how much I gained.
But I will be back down in my range by the end of this weigh in. Oh yes, I will.
- As always, stay within the 153-157 pound range. Nope, but I did lose this week.
- Do something active every day. Even if it’s only dancing for 5 minutes. 3/7 days
- Limit myself to one sweet treat a day (Exception: Thanksgiving Day) CHECK!
- When I have a choice, skip the food with a wrapper. CHECK-ish!
October 6, 2010 By thea
Evidently I smothered those 2 pounds in love and suffocated them because they have vacated the premises.
I can’t say that I miss them.
I worked really hard this week on not putting crap into my body. By no means was I perfect, but the good stuff far outweighed the bad stuff that was going in.
And you know what? I can tell that it’s making a difference in my workouts. The one day that I had a crap dinner, I had a crap run.
Coincidence? I think not.
So this week I’m continuing on making my body a priority…giving it the fuel it needs to bust out these workouts.
Less than 5 weeks to my first 10k, and I’m going to blow it out of the water.
September 1, 2010 By thea
Every challenge I set myself these awesome goals and than I create an awesome spreadsheet so that I can track my awesome goals and then I use it for about 2 weeks and it’s awesome and then I forget one day and then two days and then I have the awesome goals in the back of my head but I’m not actually updating the awesome spreadsheet and then I just stop all the updating and I’m left with a half-assed attempt at tracking my awesomeness.
And it happened again. Ugh.
Anyway, I lost this week…2.6 pounds to be exact. Pretty awesome for someone that was designated as an awesome non-loser.
I waffled a few weeks and I’m trying my darndest to get back on track.
I’m officially done with the slippery slopes that I keep creating for myself.
Every day is an opportunity to start over and correct the sins not repeat the sins of the day before.
And that’s just what I’m going to do.