Posted by lisa on April 15, 2009
I finished Day 10 of Shredding earlier today, Phase 1.
I seem to think about shredding all day long, way before I actually DO IT and long way after it’s DONE.
I am starting Phase 2 of the Shred tomorrow morning. I have a few thoughts on Phase 1, as well as Phase 2 running incessantly through my head.
Would you like to read about them? I’m sure you would.
Phase 1 Thoughts
- I am so damn proud of myself for completing TEN days of Shredding. I was a gym rat prior to getting pregnant with baby #3 and now that said child is 6 months old, I am easing back into exercising, and loving it. Apparently, that love for exercise is rubbing off on my BFF.
- I am tired of hearing Jillian say the same damn things over and over in Phase 1. Yes, I know that for a 20 minute workout, there is no modification for a jumping jack. No, I did not phone it in, not even over the holidays and being out of town. Yes, we all want to have Natalie’s abs, that bitch. Yes, I know that if I want to take the “easy way out”, that I should follow Anita. Although, I highly doubt that Anita got her rock-hard body by taking the “easy way out”.
- And is it just me, but does Jillian look just a little uncomfortable in the beginning of the exercise?
- While I definitely feel stronger and that my body can go longer before I become breathless, why does that first cardio circuit kick my ass every. single. time?
- I can now do almost 2 sets of modified push-ups with no stopping.
- I started with 3lb weights and I am up to 8lb weights on half of the exercises- yeah me! I use 5lbs on the squat presses, anterior raise combo; 8lbs on the shoulder/chest rows, lunges/biceps combo, and chest flies. I love having muscles but damn, is my body TIRED by the end of the day.
- Abs don’t seem to hurt so much. I make sure to exhale on the appropriate part of the exercise as to maximize my effort.
- Jumping jacks and jumping rope are hurting me these last two days. Not incredibly painful but definitely sore. I find myself stretching my calves and pointing my toes for a different kind of stretch all day long.
Confession #1: I really wanted to start Phase 2 today but I promised my Shrinking Jeans Sisters that I would wait until tomorrow. I even contemplated moving to Phase 2 today but NOT telling them. BUT, I couldn’t do it. I gave them my word and I had to stick to it!
Confession #2: I went ahead and previewed Phase 2 so I would know what’s coming up and so I wouldn’t waste time tomorrow trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. I am geeky like that.
Phase 2 Thoughts
- Can I be honest and say that I am actually looking forward to Phase 2? I am getting a tad bored with Phase 1. I am ready to change it up. Since I have already previewed what is to come, I learned that I am familiar with quite a few of the exercises from days past.
- I am fairly certain that I am going to be extra sore tomorrow after shredding.
- What possessed me to exercise twice today, the day before starting Phase 2? Sure, the second time I exercised was straight cardio, BIT OMFG, my arms are like dead weight right now and my legs, my legs feel so TIRED. This does not bode well for Phase 2!
- I took my measurements before I started shredding and here, only 10 days later, I have lost ONE inch off of my waist- WAHOOO!
- Maybe after another 10 days of shredding, I’ll lose another inch. Maybe I can put away my maternity clothes for good- GASP.
- I wonder what annoying phrases Jillian will utter during Phase 2? Will I love her? Hate her? Love to hate her?
- Is Phase 2 going to kick my ass?
- I sure do have a potty mouth, don’t I?
Allright ladies (and men). Share your thoughts with me. Are you still shredding? What day are you on? Phase 1 or Phase 2? Any morsels of advice for me as I head into Phase 2?
Keep on, keep on.