September 21, 2009 By thea
Overall, this hasn’t been too bad a week. There was only one little, lard filled glitch…
- I indulged in a little dessert from Uno Chicago Grill on Friday night. I ate half my dinner because I knew I would be ordering dessert. I didn’t share.
- I almost threw up when I discovered the dessert was 40 points. It had something like 1600 calories and 104 grams of fat.
- That’s bad.
- In order to finish the EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge by September 30, I need to work out for the next 9 days straight. Doable, but it was also avoidable.
- My pajamas/workout shorts were basically being held up by the Wii leg strap. (Note to self: elastic is bad in your pajamas/workout shorts…)
September 9, 2009 By thea
EAS Challenge – CHECK!
5k Training – CHECK!
Good Choices – except for the weekend when I totally went insane when my sister-in-law made spice cake with cream cheese icing CHECK!
Result – DOWN 1 POUND!
September 8, 2009 By thea
I’m such a wuss.
I have been keeping up with my 30 Day Challenge without much pain. Well, there’s pain, but it’s the good kind. You know, the I-actually-worked-a-muscle-and-boy-it-felt-good pain?
And my 5k is Saturday so I’m in my last week of training, which I’ve also been keeping up with.
But you know what has me benched tonight?
My lower back has always been pretty weak and gets strained pretty easily.
You wanna know how I strained it?
Mopping the floor.
Which just proves that I should stop trying to clean my house.
Housework, if you do it right, can kill you. – Erma Bombeck
August 30, 2009 By thea
I totally forgot that I was supposed to weigh in this morning for the new challenge.
So, after 2 meals I weighed in at…156.6! Exactly where I was on Wednesday, so that’s pretty cool.
I WILL MEET MY GOAL FOR THE YEAR IN THE NEXT 7 WEEKS.
Oh, yes. I will.
To get to 153 by the end of the Shrink for Good Challenge (Oct. 17), I need to lose .5 lb a week. Considering the great cause that will benefit, the EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge that starts tomorrow, and the 5k I have coming up, that should be totally, TOTALLY doable.
And Christy put an interesting goal out there for herself. If she reaches her goal of 10 lbs. lost, she will donate 100 lbs. of food to her local food bank.
Not one to be outdone, I came up with my own goal(s):
- If I achieve my goal of finishing my 5k in 35 minutes or less, I will donate 25 lbs of food.
- If I stick with the 30 day challenge for the whole 30 days, I will donate 25 lbs of food.
- If I weigh in 3.6 lbs lighter on October 17th, I will donate 50 lbs. of food.
So there’s another 100 pounds of food going to the food bank, as long as I can do a little thing like eat less and exercise.