March 2, 2010 By thea
Dear Tortilla Chips,
I love you. You know I do. We’ve been friends for a really long time. I have fond memories of sitting around with you, my brothers, and your cousin Doritos, and just hangin’ out.
Despite our long history, I’m sorry to say that our relationship has to end. You cause me nothing but heartache and I just can’t make room for you in my life anymore.
I will no longer be buying you at the store. I will miss our late nights together, just you and I after everyone else went to bed. But it just hurts me so much to have you in my house. You say you love me, but then you just treat me so bad.
I hope you find love in somebody else’s home. Good luck.
I will miss you!
P.S. Please tell Chicken Fingers that I said hello. I haven’t seen him since we parted ways.
February 23, 2010 By thea
O.K. So I’ve been an eating machine since last Thursday. I’ve made HORRIBLE choices and lots and lots of them. I’m going to list every single one so that maybe it’ll be a good slap in the face for me.
- A large “snack” bag of Cool Ranch Doritos
- About 3 helpings of Chinese food, including a deep fried chicken dish.
- Another large “snack” bag of Cool Ranch Doritos
- A very rick pasta dish in pesto cream sauce
- A slice of cheese cake
- 1/2 of a salami, pepperoni, provolone panini
- 1/2 of a chicken salad sandwich on a croissant
- A hazelnut chocolate bar
- A belgian waffle with butter and syrup
- A donut
- Three enchiladas
- 500 pounds of chips and queso dip
- Three margaritas
- Fried ice cream
- Another Belgian waffle with butter and syrup
- A cheese danish
- A gyro
- A king size Snickers bar
- 8 Girl Scout Cookies in one sitting
- Two servings of pesto linguine
Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. I need to go throw up now. I have a sneaking suspicion that this week’s weigh in is NOT going to go well.
At least I know why!
February 2, 2010 By thea
I could tell you about all the specific things I’ve done this week, but they all really boil down into just two categories:
- I’ve eaten like crap for the past several days.
- I’ve let me running schedule slack off.
As a result of these two things, my body is revolting. Let’s just say that I’ve been getting a lot of toilet reading done.
The bigger picture is that I won’t be reaching my goals. I could try to justify rewarding myself by saying “I did my best” or something like that. But the truth is, I didn’t try my best.
This isn’t a pity party. I’m not upset and I’m not disappointed. I’ve been down that road before and it just leads to more bad results.
I did what I did and I can’t change that. What I need to focus on now is doing what i can do.
Weight Watchers put this up on Twitter yesterday: Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
Here’s to a meaningful life folks!