May 11, 2011 By thea
I have to keep it short and sweet today, ’cause I’m on the GO! Not a horrible week, but definitely room for improvement.
But nobody’s perfect, right?
I maintained last week, which puts me at maintenance for the 14 of the last 19 weeks. WOOT! I can’t even begin to tell you how AMAZING it feels to hit a groove.
On to the goals…
- Be able to do 10 push ups from my toes – I’m done with Week 1 of the 100 Push Ups challenge, and it is TOUGH to do toe push ups. I’m going to keep on keeping on, though.
- My head will hit the pillow by 11pm during the week and by 12am on weekends. – I’m calling this one a wash. I was successful 4 out of 7 days. My husband is out of town and I always go to bed super late when he’s gone. So I didn’t get to bed until between 11:30 and 12:00 on a couple of school nights. But even that is a huge improvement, because when he’s gone I typically stay up until 1am…sometimes even 2am.
- Get in one swim workout a week – This one didn’t happen last week, but I’ve got my gear all laid out to go today and I’m headed out as soon as I hit “publish”. I’m gonna get this done! Let’s do a little cheer that my swimsuit even still fits, yo. It’s been a long time. I went once in February, and then it was October of 2010 before that. Oy. That’s bad.
May 5, 2011 By thea
I’m a little behind with the May Your Way challenge, but that’s how I roll. Sometimes, sometimes gotta give and unfortunately blogging seems to be the thing that gets left behind.
But I am keeping up with all my healthy living type stuff (even if I’m not blogging about it) and I’m happy to report that I was in my weight range goal (153 – 157) BEFORE I left for the cruise, AFTER I got back, and am still in it this week. I’m going to make the giant leap to say that I was in range DURING the cruise, which brings me to the current total of 13 of the last 19 weeks have been in goal range.
WOOT!! Who maintains weight on vacation? I DO!
Which brings us to May.
I’m not sure how many other Maintainers out there have this problem, but I find one of the biggest challenges of being at goal weight is finding NEW goals to strive for. It seems like everything’s been done and I sound like a broken record. That’s honestly one of the reasons I hadn’t blogged goals for May Your Way yet…I couldn’t think of any.
But I buckled down, thought about what I wanted out of this month, and came up with three things:
- Be able to do 10 push ups from my toes – While I’ve done the 100 Push Up challenge before, I chose not to participate during the last challenge. It was in the back of my mind though, so when I heard that April and Bari were giving it a go starting this week, I jumped on board with them.
- My head will hit the pillow by 11pm during the week and by 12am on weekends. – I had been doing so well with this several months back but then I got out of the habit and never picked it back up again. I NEED SLEEP!
- Get in one swim workout a week – I’m having problems with my knee again, so I need a way to keep moving. Plus, official triathlon training starts at the end of the month (or is it the beginning of June – I should check on that) so I need to get back in the habit NOW of hauling my arse to the gym.
So that’s it for me. Better late than never, right??
January 19, 2011 By thea
I’m up one pound this week…back to 158.6.
I’m not pissed. I’m really not. I’m disappointed in myself.
For absolutely no reason at all, I ate 1/2 can of chocolate frosting last night.
I wasn’t depressed. I wasn’t sad. I wasn’t craving chocolate. I don’t even LIKE chocolate all that much. Which is why I’m disappointed. I made a conscious decision to eat it.
So. There you have it. I’m just feeling very blah about it all, especially since otherwise, I had a really good week. Here’s my goals…
1. 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up 3 days a week. – I got this done twice this week. 2. Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week. – 2 runs in and 2 cardios in. 3. One sweet a day, at the END of the day. – I was doing really, really well with this. And I guess technically the frosting was the only sweet I had yesterday and it WAS at the end of the day. : /
4. Limit pre-packaged foods. – I rocked this one…except for the frosting.
January 5, 2011 By thea
Howdy ho, neighbors! Oh. Wait. The Holiday Hoe-down is over. Let’s try that again.
I feel like I am a little late to the game because I was gone last week, so I’m just going to jump right into it.
I didn’t have access to a decent scale last week, so I’m going to use today’s weigh in as my starting point. This morning, I weighed in at 158.
This is up 1.5 pounds from 2 weeks ago. You know what? 1.5 pounds over Christmas AND New Year’s AND a road trip? I’ll take it. I just need to get back in the swing of things and start living intentionally.
My weight goal for this whole year is to stay in my healthy range of 153-157 pounds. I’ve started a new ticker (see it over there on the right?) for staying in this range in 2011. In 2010, I was able to stay in the range for 29/52 weeks. I know I can do better than that this year.
And you know what’s going to help me get there? Goals. Specific, quantifiable goals. Here’s what I have on tap for this challenge:
- 10 minutes of either abs or yoga in the morning before the kids get up.
- Run/Walk 3 days and cross-train 2-3 days a week.
- One sweet a day, at the END of the day.
- Limit pre-packaged foods.
So there you have it! 2011, my best year yet.
November 24, 2010 By thea
This week was a bit of a rough week.
First off, I took a exercise week off. Which totally defeats the purpose when you have a Fitness Challenge on the table, but I just couldn’t (wouldn’t) get my self together to workout. I logged an abysmal 10 minutes yesterday while I was dancing with the kids.
I still have this “all or nothing” mentality when it comes to exercise. If I’m not able to do ALL of my workout, I end up doing NOTHING.
That probably didn’t need explaining.
Secondly, I had a bit of a stomach bug over the weekend. It was really bad timing because Saturday was our Annual Progressive Dinner. All that delicious food and I didn’t eat hardly any of it.
So, I wasn’t expecting much this weigh in. Which is usually when the magic happens.
I am down 1.2 pounds this week!
I need to come up with some goals for this challenge. No goals = no plan = no good.
- As always, stay within the 153-157 pound range.
- Do something active every day. Even if it’s only dancing for 5 minutes.
- Limit myself to one sweet treat a day (Exception: Thanksgiving Day)
- When I have a choice, skip the food with a wrapper.
While I had a loss this week, I feel like I really dropped the ball with the Fitness Challenge. I apologize to my Healthy Holiday Ho’s. It won’t happen again!!
September 29, 2010 By thea
Sometimes, my own niceness scares me.
I was so worried about that lonely little pound that I went ahead and gained another one to keep it company!
Isn’t that sweet? I thought so!
And because I’m so nice and even though there are 2 pounds to send packing, I’m not even worrying about it.
Isn’t it amazing how we can go back and forth between zen and obsessive when it comes to weight loss (or maintenance or whatever)? I gained weight this week but I’m o.k. with it.
My clothes still fit, in fact I had to tighten the belt one more notch. I feel good. I’m happy. I’m active. I’ve picked new fitness goals.
How can that be wrong?
So those two pounds can play together happily until my body decides they serve no purpose and kicks them out. All I can do is give my body the tools it needs to do it’s job.
I’m just the assistant.
And a nice one at that.
September 1, 2010 By thea
Every challenge I set myself these awesome goals and than I create an awesome spreadsheet so that I can track my awesome goals and then I use it for about 2 weeks and it’s awesome and then I forget one day and then two days and then I have the awesome goals in the back of my head but I’m not actually updating the awesome spreadsheet and then I just stop all the updating and I’m left with a half-assed attempt at tracking my awesomeness.
And it happened again. Ugh.
Anyway, I lost this week…2.6 pounds to be exact. Pretty awesome for someone that was designated as an awesome non-loser.
I waffled a few weeks and I’m trying my darndest to get back on track.
I’m officially done with the slippery slopes that I keep creating for myself.
Every day is an opportunity to start over and correct the sins not repeat the sins of the day before.
And that’s just what I’m going to do.
August 22, 2010 By thea
These past few weeks have wreaked havoc on my schedule, eating, drinking, sleeping, and working out.
Yes, I had a mostly great time visiting my in-laws and then playing host to my sister, her boyfriend, and all of their kids. But…
I am pretty far off track. I knew the side trip was coming, but I went a little further off the path than I intended. I’ve been eating like a fiend. I haven’t worked out since August 13th. I’ve been going to bed after midnight every night.
But it’s time to get back on track. It might take me a few days, but I’ll get there.
August 18, 2010 By thea
I weighed in last week from my in-laws. The scale said 154 and I was skeptical.
I was either right, or having been eating like my life depended in it.
I weighed in this morning at 160.2. That’s up 6 pounds people. SIX POUNDS!!
I’m off track a little. I’m not on the right road to achieve my goals. But, I can still see the main road from my little detour so I just need to get back to where I’m supposed to be.
I knew last week would be tough with eating while I was on the road trip. And I was right.
I knew this week would be tough with exercise while I have house guests. And I was right.
But, I’m having a good time. And I know what I have to do. It’s just a matter of doing it.
Oh, and I’m way down with my water intake. Come to think about it, that’s probably a huge portion…I usally have 80-100 ounces a day and I’ve only gotten about 20-30 the last 2 days.
That might also explains why I wake up feeling like I have cotton in my mouth.
Changes will be made today. Oh yes they will. I have no grand statements for what the scale will say next week, but I will make changes TODAY!
August 4, 2010 By thea
O.K. So I’m a little late to the game.
That’s par for the course, people.
Anyway. I have goals, oh yes I do! I love a good goal. Don’t you feel like you are kind of wandering aimlessly without a goal. It’s like shopping without a grocery list, and we all know that THAT never ends of well, right?
For the next 31 30 28 days, here are my goals…
- Miss no more than 4 training sessions over the next 30 days.
- Only snack on foods with 5 ingredients or less.
- Be in bed for 7 hours a night.
I am going out of town next week and then we have visitors the week after that so I am going to need some REAL motivation to keep going on my training.
I’m a sucker for a good snack. But I don’t snack enough on simple stuff. So I’m going to limit my snacks to fruits, vegetables, or minimally processed foods. The one exception to this will be the fig newtons I eat during long bike rides and bike/run workouts.
Pretty self-explanatory. The kids aren’t the only ones who need to start practicing getting up early for school. : )
As always, I my ongoing goal is to stay in my magic weight range of 153-157. My weight last week was 159, but I had a triathlon plus two birthdays so you’ll have that.
This morning I weighed in at 157. Back in range, woohoo!!
Wanna follow along? I have a goal tracking spreadsheet, dontcha know?