September 29, 2010 By lisa
My life is moving at super-sonic speed right now. I have so many other things I should be doing right now. Instead, I sit here re-reading old posts that I have written and marveling at how far I have come. I have searched up and down and around again for my very first weigh-in post but apparently, I never officially shared my *starting* weight for this journey. Interesting, huh?
My very first post for Shrinking Jeans was December 1, 2008. My third child was only 9 weeks old then and I was in the throes of caring for an infant, a toddler and a pre-schooler. I refused to weigh myself at that time.
I did weigh myself sometime in January 2009. I weighed 188 lbs and hated the way I looked and felt. I was not exercising, not watching what I ate and still breastfeeding. I came on board full-time with Shrinking Jeans at that time.
I weighed myself this morning and this is what I saw.
It has taken me almost 2 years, but finally, FINALLY, I get to grab this button.
I kept re-reading that very first post and I thought about how far I have come and then, I burst into tears.
- I have lost 25 lbs.
- I began this journey in a Size 16. I am safely wearing Size 12 and even some Size 10′s.
- My wedding ring fits once again.
- I have adjusted to “life with 3 kids”.
- I am a runner. I completed my first half marathon with Team Shrinking Jeans in June 2010. I am training for my 2nd half marathon in November 2010.
- I will one day soon be a triathlete. I am very anxious to get started down the triathlete path and cannot wait to do it. I have a feeling that I might even enjoy triathlete-ism even more than just plain ole running!
- I no longer wonder about “failing” as failure is no longer part of my vocabulary. There may be detours and bumpy roads, but no failure.
I am SO grateful to the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans… SO VERY GRATEFUL. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Now, here’s to losing another 10-15 lbs- woot woot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!