August 17, 2009 By april
1. Okay, fine. I confess. I ate a Blizzard for lunch on Saturday. I know it’s terrible to use food to try to make me feel better, and it’s something I NEVER do. But I did. It was good, too. First blizzard in ages! (I did get a small, though!)
2. I told you in my last post that I was in a funk. I planned to do my normal work out today and also go walking with a friend later in the evening. When I got home, I couldn’t get onto any of the blogs I follow.
3. Have I ever mentioned that it drives me completely mental when technology does not work? I cannot let it go and will not give up until I at least have an idea of what’s going on with it.
4. So, my regular work out didn’t get done today. But I did meet my friend and walk.
5. Tomorrow, it’s totally back to my regular routine. I’m actually looking forward to it. (Well I’m looking forward to how it’ll make me feel.)
Okay, now I want to talk for a bit. My friend, Janet is going to be moving to Boston soon. So, when she emailed me and asked did I want to go to this huge park we have and walk, I said yes. Folks, when I walk with Janet, I WALK. She’s like 6ft tall to my 5ft 3in. And she walks fast. We walked and chatted and laughed for those 40 minutes that she ran my ass off we walked around that park.
I realized right then that that was exactly what I needed. Janet was what I needed. I needed an hour of not having to do anything but walk with her, pet her dog, plan what we’re going to do when I visit her in Boston (ahem, visit Sam Adams brewery), and just be. And I burned a few calories while doing it.
Sometimes friends are the best medicine. Work out funk is over. Tomorrow is back to business.