November 11, 2009 By thea
Very short post. Sickness has entered my house and I need a nap.
I’m down 1.8 pounds this week. That puts me at 155.
It’s amazing what exercising and counting your points will do.
October 1, 2009 By thea
Today is October 1st and things must change.
No. Wait. That’s not true.
1 : to make strenuous or violent efforts in the face of difficulties or opposition 2 : to proceed with difficulty or with great effort
Both of those definitions make use of the word “effort”.
ef·fort (\ˈe-fərt, -ˌfȯrt\)
1: conscious exertion of power : hard work
2: a serious attempt
I have not been struggling. You cannot have struggle without effort. I have not been efforting.
I just made that up.
I have been doing this “weight loss” thing a long time. And every once in a while I go through a rut. The ruts seem to be coming much more often lately. Which means I need to shake things up. I need to come up with a new game plan. There’s lots of things that need to be addressed so I am going to tackle them one by one.
- Am I still trying to lose or am I trying to maintain? It seems like a simple question, but I am stuck between the two mentalities. Also, I need to adjust my points accordingly (23 points vs. 27 points)
- Tracking – I have been tracking online, but I’m thinking that I need to keep a paper journal as well as the online tracking. There are times when I can’t get to the computer so hopefully keeping a paper journal in my purse will help me when I’m…say…staring at the candy selections in line at Target.
- Breakfast – I eat over 1/3 of my points at breakfast. My typical breakfast is 8.5 points. That’s a lot of points, but it’s the healthiest meal I eat all day (oatmeal, oil, fruit, dairy, coffee). I need to figure out how to reduce my breakfast, but still include oil.
- Food choices – I eat a lot of carbs and processed foods. I don’t really like to cook, so I tend to look for foods that can be heated up in the microwave or eaten straight out of the package. I like FAST. I need to prepare more food and eat a little “cleaner”. I took advantage of Christy’s links and ordered a few magazines to help me spruce things up.
- Desserts – Oh, desserts. I need to find low points desserts that actually satisfy me. And I REALLY need to stop ordering desserts every time we go out to eat.
- Eating out – I need to break up with chicken tenders and all things breaded. I’ve broken up with food before. I know I can do it. And I know, in time, I won’t even miss the food. (Who ever would’ve thought I would not miss donuts?)
- Activity – I have been so much better with working out, but I dismiss it much too easily. I have discovered that I am much more motivated when I have a goal (signing up for a 5k or completing a 30 day challenge for example) but finding new goals is what I need to investigate more.
- Rewards – I used to be so much better with this. Heather’s post today just reminded me that I need to set myself goals AND rewards. I’ve moved my personal progress page here and this time I’ve included rewards. In keeping with #2, I’ve also created a sticker chart for myself that I will hang right next to my son’s sticker chart. Everyone loves stickers!!
I need your feedback on this one! What are your go to meals? Do you have quick recipes you rely on for lunch? How do you choose fitness goals??