April 14, 2010 By thea
The good news: I maintained this week!
The bad news: I gained two pounds last week, LOL!
So, my little maintenance streak ended last week, but I wasn’t too torn up about it. I have no illusions that I am going to make it all year without a gain here or there. I figured my body was just taking a break and it was a false gain.
But when I stepped on the scale this week and it was exactly the same (158.4), I knew something was up.
The weird part is that I don’t FEEL like I’ve gone off the wagon. I’m not totally gorging myself on food. My workouts have scaled way back but I’m still doing a little something. But something has changed.
What I feel is bloated. My water is consumption is down. I’m only getting about 64 oz a day instead of my usual 96 oz. I’m not sure why I’m drinking less. I’ll have to keep an eye on that.
And as much as I don’t like running, that was when I was maintaining my weight so I have to take that into consideration.
So, here’s the new plan.
- Get my water back up to 96 oz. a day. No exceptions.
- As much as I like the Wii, it’s just not enough to be my main source of movement. I can use it for rainy days and quick fun movement. But I need hardcore cardio, I think. That means back to running and biking. And I’m still toying with the idea of boxing, but I ‘m not sure I can fit that in if I am going to do a tri program. I’m really all over the board with the exercise.
- I can’t have “treats” 3 times a day. If I have a cookie after school with the kids, I can’t have ice cream after dinner, too. I may have to break up with sugar, but I really, REALLY don’t want to. Really don’t want to.
I’m going to start there. Hopefully, I’ll see a downward trend next week!
March 30, 2010 By thea
Busy day today so I’ll cut right to the chase!
- Pizza. Lots of it. Big pieces of it. With breadsticks. I had two pieces on Saturday for dinner and 2 more pieces for lunch on Sunday. I nearly had it for lunch on Monday, but I stopped myself.
- I’m back to eating something sweet every day. It’s been small stuff…one cookie. A sucker. But still. It’s a slippery slope!
- Yesterday was the first time in a week I’ve worked out. But I did it! Yay, Wii!
- Technically, I didn’t BUY the Doritos I ate…Dave did. So I didn’t break my promise to never buy them again…that’s something!
How did you all do last week?
September 21, 2009 By thea
Overall, this hasn’t been too bad a week. There was only one little, lard filled glitch…
- I indulged in a little dessert from Uno Chicago Grill on Friday night. I ate half my dinner because I knew I would be ordering dessert. I didn’t share.
- I almost threw up when I discovered the dessert was 40 points. It had something like 1600 calories and 104 grams of fat.
- That’s bad.
- In order to finish the EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge by September 30, I need to work out for the next 9 days straight. Doable, but it was also avoidable.
- My pajamas/workout shorts were basically being held up by the Wii leg strap. (Note to self: elastic is bad in your pajamas/workout shorts…)
September 14, 2009 By thea
This is my first official True Confessions. I hope I don’t get too many Hail Mary’s…
- We ate twice this weekend. Both times involved me ordering something with heavy sauces, chicken tenders, and french fries.
- I haven’t been keeping up with my Progress Chart on my personal site.
- Today is the first time in 5 days that I’ve done the Wii Active. Thankfully, it was kind to me.
- I could’ve come in under 35 minutes on my 5k this weekend if I had walked for a mere 30 seconds less. Kicking myself for that one.
- One of the aforementioned chicken tenders meals was followed by a Peanut Butter Cream Pie chaser. I did not share.
- I’m falling back into the “eating after 9pm” habit. Bad Thea.
- I’m also not tracking. Badder Thea.
I really need to stop having “Just one of those weeks” weeks!
August 25, 2009 By thea
30 Day Challenge Profile
Hometown: Frederick, MD
Family: Married to Dave and Mom to Jake (6) and Emma (4)
1) Complete the following sentence – “When I look in the mirror I see… my mom’s stomach that won’t go away no matter how much I try.
2) What exercise do you take? What’s your current level of fitness? Currently, I am training for a 5k so I guess you could say running…although I don’t consider myself a runner by any stretch of the imagination. I also really dig the EA Active. I would say my currently level is moderately fit. But who am I to judge?
3) How do you relax? Oh goodness…I don’t. I’m really high strung and fly off the handle at a moments notice. Things I find relaxing are the sounds of nature (crunching leaves, crickets, birds, etc.) and sitting my any body of water.
4) Do you watch your weight? I try, but sometimes I watch it climb…like recently.
5) What’s your favorite body part? My arms. Aside from the farmer’s tan, I think I have pretty nice arms.
6) What’s your least favorite body part? The aforementioned tummy.
7) What’s your favorite way to workout? Alone. Blissfully alone.
8) Its time to work out, we’re most likely to find you decked out in? T-shirt and shorts. If I’m running or on the treadmill, I’ll wear shoes. But if I’m doing a DVD or Wii, I’ll go in my bare feet or socks.
9) You’re due to workout, but it’s pouring rain. What do you do? Truthfully, not work out. I am horrible at consistency and will find any excuse to not exercise.
10) What’s the one item you wouldn’t be without when working out? Music.
11) What do you hope to get from the 30 Day Challenge? A good foundation for FINALLY making exercise a habit and part of my life on a regular basis.
12) What are you apprehensive about going in? Not too much. I know I already love the EA Active Sports, I just have to, you know, DO IT!
13) How will you reward yourself after the challenge? Permission to spend money on iTunes. I hate spending money on iTunes.
14) Complete the following sentence – “I’m Active for …” myself. And Dave. And Jake and Emma. And Jake and Emma’s kids, should I be so blessed.