The weather (here, at least) feels like autum. That means – SOUP!
This one is a favorite around our house. I’ve modified the original recipe from the Zolo Grill slightly to make it more points friendly. At eight, it’s not super light, but it’s filling. The cheese and sour cream do add to the points, so omitting those would help out, calorie wise.
But, honestly, THEY ARE DECLICIOUS with this dish. Also delicious? A warm tortilla for dipping.
White Bean & Poblano Chicken Chili
Serves 8, 8 points per serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Two 15.5-ounce cans white beans, rinsed
- 3 large poblano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle chile powder (optional)
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and stir frequently until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Add 2 cups white beans, the poblanos, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the beans break apart, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, cumin, oregano and chipotle powder, then lower the heat to low. Add the remaining beans. Heat through.
- Top portions of the chili with cheese, 1 tablespoon sour cream, and some chopped cilantro.