We’ve all been there. You know, those days and nights filled with unneeded stresses and sighs and worrying. Sometimes, you just have to sit down and evaluate your life. Your friendships, your relationships, your time and finances… What is causing you unnecessary stress and worry? Is it worth it? Is it time to move on and let go?
Here are 9 tips to help you kick the negativity to the moon and focus on the HAPPY:
- Ditch the Negative. Turn that frown upside down. Instead of constantly mulling over the things that are going wrong and situations you can’t control, think about what is going right. You CAN control your attitude. You can CHOOSE to smile. Let’s face it… people who spend less time bitching about their lives probably enjoy it much more.
- Never Settle. This is what life is about. Not settling for less than you deserve. Find your voice, discover your passion, and USE it. Be excited to wake up in the morning. See what you are capable of accomplishing. Quit slackin’ and make it happen!
- Kiss Unhealthy Relationships Goodbye. Do you have friendships that constantly feel like they are sucking the life out of you? People that take and take and take, but never find the time to listen to you? Maybe it’s time to just let those friendships go. Are their people in your life that make you feel bad about yourself? Sometimes, you just need to realize that you are worth more and walk away.
- Get a Handle on Your Finances. Try not to be wasteful. Live comfortably, but realize that material objects do not define you. Use your money wisely and live below your means. Give back.
- Do Something That Makes You Happy. Find an activity or hobby that you truly enjoy. For me, it’s photography. What is it that gives you a sense of peace and serenity? Find out and then do it. Often.
- Get Busy. Sitting around thinking about the changes you want to make will get you nowhere. Take action. MAKE them happen. Everyone must start somewhere. If you don’t start, you can never finish.
- Say What You Need To Say. Speak your truth. Stand up for what you believe in, but accept that not everyone will agree with you.
- Tie Your Loose Ends. Unfinished business constantly on your mind? Wrap it up. Quit procrastinating and just do it already.
- Let It Go. The past is just that, the past. You can’t move forward if you are occupied with regrets and anger. Don’t let these things weigh you down. Start fresh.