- I wonder often if my friends, family, Facebook followers and even YOU, get tired of hearing me talk/rant/gush/whine about running. Do ya’ll want me to shut up already?
- Both my husband and I are training for the Austin Marathon. This means our weekends are consumed with fitting in our long runs (which are now in the 15+ mile range), having a runners high for a few hours after (if we are lucky), and then a runner’s low (also known as *crashing*) and THEN, feeling horribly guilty that we aren’t able to take our kids out and about to d fun things because we are dead to the world. The guilt, the horrible guilt.
- My long run last weekend sucked so bad. It made me question WHY I am doing this and HOW will I ever finish 26.2 miles without DYING?
- I own so much runner stuff. Gear, gadgets, shoes, recovery shoes, headbands, ipod, armband, jewelry, sparkly skirts, non-sparkly skirts, sunglasses, multiple types of foam rollers, and MORE. I have so much drawer space and closet space dedicated to running STUFF. I think I need more : ).
- My days are consumed with running, scheduling runs, doing runs, moving things around to get my runs in, thinking about runs, nutrition, strategy, toughening up and such. Training for a marathon is life consuming.
- However, I have a job at the YMCA, this writing gig, and most importantly, my family. Any of these by themselves could be a full-time job but put them all together, and I am losing my mind.
- I am not sure I will run another marathon. Yeah, I said it. I may be a *one and done* kind of girl.
- Then again, maybe not. I’ll have to see how I feel after my first one.
- Running long distances is not for the faint of heart.
- I want to eat all of the time.
My words make you want to sign up for a marathon, huh?! OK, maybe not but with achieving a large goal requires hard work and sacrifice. I am putting in my time now (with training) in order to reap the reward of crossing the finish line and having a huge bling of a marathon medal placed around my neck. These confessions are real and from what I understand, some of my runs might be worse than this last one but the reward is oh so sweet.
What about you? What large goal are you working towards? Has it been easy or hard? Is anything weighing you down or making you feel guilty? PLEASE SHARE!!!