I know the holiday season is upon us and most of you are probably working on your Turkey Day menu. I know that most of us have pumpkin pie or pecan pie for dessert on Thanksgiving and you might be thinking I am going to share with you the most fabulous pumpkin pie recipe E-V-E-R, but alas, it is not true.
Instead, I am going to share with you THIS delicious dessert that is low in calories and fat. When I made this dessert for my family, it was demolished in no time flat and everyone was clamoring for the leftovers. There wasn’t much leftover, if you get what I mean.
Pineapple Pudding Cake
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 20 maraschino cherries, well drained
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; pour into a 13-in x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pudding mixture until blended. Spread evenly over cake. Sprinkle with pineapple; spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with cherries. Refrigerate until serving.
Yields 20 servings. Nutrition facts: 1 piece equals 131 calories, 2 g fat (1g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 3 g fiber.