OK ya’ll. It’s time for another seriously awesome Weight-Wacthers friendly recipe. I found this one on Chubbie Chica’s blog. Go ahead and bookmark her page as she has TONS of Weight Watcher recipes. In fact, you will probably see a few more of her recipes highlighted here.
So yeah, this chicken recipe is one of my favorites. Since finding it a few months ago, I have made it a bajillion times and have shared it with family and friends. That’s how much I love it, and you will too. In fact, I would give my right arm and leg for a serving of it right this very second. For realz.
I serve it with Spanish Rice and a tossed salad with homemade vinaigrette dressing.
Go ahead, whip it up soon and let me know what you think. Your stomach will thank you and you can thank me later : ).
Oven Barbeque Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup salsa (I use my own salsa)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Prepare chicken breasts. Arrange in a single layer in a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside. 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, salsa, honey, mustard, cumin and chili powder. Pour over chicken breasts. 3. Turn to coat breasts with sauce on both sides. 4. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. 5. When chicken is cooked, arrange breasts on a serving platter, keeping warm. 6. Pour sauce into a small saucepan. Mix cornstarch in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Stir into sauce and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly. 7. Pour sauce over chicken and serve warm.
Weight Watchers POINTS per serving = 6