**This giveaway has been closed!**
All of us at the Sisterhood have had the extreme pleasure of trying out the new EA Sports Active Personal Trainer for the Wii.
I have exercised with the EA Sports Active for the last two days and OMG- I am DYING. But in a good way. My muscles are sore beyond belief (I think I am more sore than when we did the 30 Day Shred), it hurts to go from sitting to standing, from laying down to standing, from standing to sitting, pretty much any movement causes me to wince. Might I be out of shape?
To be honest, when I broke open that box I was like a little kid at Christmas, so excited to see what all the uproar was about. Then I saw the “equipment” that comes with the game and I thought to myself- “You have got to be kidding me. This must be a joke. That red piece of plastic is supposed to give me resistance and provide me with a good, heart pumping, cardiovascular workout. Yeah, right.”.
But I had already agreed to try it out and I was willing to see if the folks at EA Sports Active were able to pull off a miracle and make me sweat while “playing a game”. Of course, what I forgot is that I break a sweat just putting the kids in their car seats. What I forgot is that I sweat when I drink a cup of coffee. What I forgot is that I sweat when bringing the groceries in from the car. Yep, it didn’t take long for me to get sweating!
EA Sports Active Personal Trainer features:
- a variety of preset workouts
- custom workouts- limitless options to create a workout just for you
- 30 Day challenge (did someone say CHALLENGE?!)
- videos throughout to show you how to do each move
- workout alone or together with a friend
- fitness journal
- projected caloric burn for each workout and actually calories burned
Here is what some of our SJ writers have to say about the EA Sports Active:
Christy: By the end of the 20-minute workout, I was soaked in sweat, and I really wasn’t expecting that from a workout labeled easy. The think I love most about EA Sports Active Personal Trainer is the fact that it shows you your projected caloric burn and then the actual calories you’ve burned during the workout. Very sweet!
It’s been 24 hours since I did the workout and I have to say I have some pretty good muscle soreness. Mostly in my glutes, hamstrings, quads and hips, but also in my upper body. I’m really excited to start the 30-Day Challenge feature with all my girls at the Sisterhood (I wonder what Christy is talking about……), but until then, I’ll set up some custom workouts and hit it everyday!
p.s. My 5 year old son will not stop using it. He LOVES it so much, and has been able to figure everything out even though he can’t read yet. Obviously it’s very intuitive!
Thea: EAS is stinkin’ awesome. The best part for me is that it’s fun. I actually ENJOY working out when I’m using it. One of my favorite features is that you DON’T need the Wii Fit Board to use it. I like that it’s something that Dave and I can do together (Us? Competitive? NEVER!) and even my 6-year-old, Jake, really enjoys using it. It took a little while to get the timing down, but that’s really my only complaint! Definitely worth the money!
April: I LOVE THIS GAME. I love working out (okay, not really, but I love how working out makes me FEEL), and I love video games. You combine the two and I am in heaven!! One thing that really impressed me when Christy, Lisa, and I first tried this game out was that it projects the number of calories you may burn, and then at the end of the work out, the game shows you how many calories you actually burned. Also, I REALLY love the sports section! I am a WNBA superstar on the basketball exercises, but I suck ass at the volleyball ones. By the end of the 20 minutes, I was sweaty and stinky, and I loved it. And just so we’re clear, I love this game!
Me: I have only done two of the MANY workouts and what I really appreciate about this game is the variety. It’s fast-paced, the exercises change frequently, at any given time you know how long you have worked out, how many calories you hav burned, and what rep you are on. I love the mixing up of strength training with cardio exercise. I love that I can choose to do a 20, 30, or 40 minute workout or mix it up if I like. The options are limitless! I am looking forward to doing the 30 Day Challenge with the Sisterhood (this again?!).
Brace yourself…….exciting news to announce.
The fine people at EA Sports Active have given us the opportunity to………*drumroll please*
GIVEAWAY TWO COPIES OF THE EA SPORTS ACTIVE PERSONAL TRAINER!!!
Yes, two copies of this most awesome “game”. What do you need to do to be eligible to win one of these?
- Own a Wii (it is not necessary to have the Wii Fit board).
- Leave a comment letting us know why you’re ready for this challenge. Don’t just say “Enter Me!” or something lame like that! Comments will close on Tuesday, August 11th at 11:59 Pacific time.
- TWO winners will be announced on Wednesday, August 12th at our next weigh-in.
- You MUST be subscribed to our feed to win. Don’t know what I am talking about? Click here and sign up. Leave a comment let us know you’re a subscriber for an additional entry.
- Tweet all about it! Tweet once a day, everyday for additional entries. Obviously you must be following us on Twitter so we can see your tweets! Come back here and leave a comment for each tweet (limit one a day!).
- As a winner, you agree to participate in the EA Sports Active Challenge with The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. That’s right. No grabbing and going, please. We will be starting the 30-Day challenge in two weeks, and we want EVERYONE to join us for this challenge. Think 30 Day Shred meets the Wii….for 30 days. Yes. More details to come on that later. In addition, we would like our winners to guest post during the challenge.
- The Sisterhood reserves the right to delete any entries that we don’t feel comply with our set guidelines.
Get commenting- let us know that you own a Wii and that you want to participate in the 30 Day Challenge with us!
Oh yeah, here’s a big shout-out and a hug thank-you to EA Sports Active for making this all possible.
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)