Recently, I was craving something slightly sweet, a bread or muffin, but also low in calories. I perused old recipes that I had saved from Weight Watchers Community Message Boards from YEARS ago. I ran across this one, had all the ingredients on hand and decided to give it a whirl.
Boy, am I glad I did!
This muffin was moist, flavorful, delicious, AND low in points. Since I am following Weight Watchers right now, every single food item that is low in points and tastes good becomes my “new best friend”. This recipe is no exception and I envision serving it Thanksgiving morning or whenever we have company over. Next time, I may spray the liners with cooking spray as the muffins “stuck” a little bit to the liner.
12 Servings~~1 Weight Watchers points each
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Eggbeaters
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place cupcake liners in 12 muffin slots.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add egg whites, bananas and applesauce; stir just until combined. Equally divide batter into 12 muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of muffins comes out clean. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)