December 31, 2009 By Christy
Howdy y’all! Sorry I didn’t get a chance to post yesterday, but we’re on a family ski vacation, and I was busy with new challenge stuff yesterday!
ANYWAY, first things first. I want to give a HUGE shout out to our very own Christie O. for putting together the most amazing challenge the Sisterhood has ever seen. Yes, our past challenges have been fabulous, but this one takes the cake. Okay, maybe cake isn’t the best thing to talk about (or think about) right now. But you get my point. CHRISTIE, I LOVE YOU!!!!
Since I’m out of town, and unable to weigh in (yeah, imagine that! I, the OCD weigher, left my scale at HOME!), I’m just going to go with last week’s weigh in of:
Although in my heart of hearts, I know that is way off. You see, this past week hasn’t been pretty at all. Yes, I’ve been taking ski lessons, which surely counts for something, but I’ve also thrown caution to the wind when it comes to my eating. I’m not going to go into details, because honestly, I really don’t want to remember all the crap I’ve consumed.
I’m ready to start fresh with this challenge. I’m ready to Rethink MY Shrink!
So, according to Christie, I need to:
- Figure out my eating plan. Well, since I’ve always used Weight Watchers, with great success in the past, I am going to get back on that bandwagon. I have fallen off of counting points, and honestly I’ve gotten a little overconfident in my ability to guesstimate how many Points I’ve consumed. Time to Rethink it all and get back to the basics of counting and eating my daily Points allotment. Another thing I’m thinking of doing, since I saw it on another blog (which I can’t remember right now, but when I do I’ll share it with you), is taking pictures of all my food (before I eat) and posting it here every day. I mean think about it, if I have to show you pictures of what I’m eating, don’t you think it will make me think TWICE about eating something I shouldn’t or too much of something I should. Anyway, it’s just a thought, so let me know if you’d be interested in seeing what I’m eating!
- Get your workouts in order. Since I’m still participating in the EA SPORTS Active More Workouts 6-Week Challenge, I’m going to continue on with it, and probably start up another 6-week challenge when I’m done. I also plan to run, run, and run some more. I am training for a 1/2 marathon, you know!
- Since the Sisterhood of the Shrinking jeans has already infiltrated my life (it’s my baby!), I don’t have a problem joining, taking part, and offering as much support as I can! I’m here for you, (wo)man!!!!
So there it is. The beginning of my plan to Rethink MY Shrink. I know I will be adding to it, honing it, and making it more doable for me, but I think I’m off to a good start!
OH! My goal for the next 7 weeks? *big sigh* Since I never seem to meet my weight-loss goals, I’m not going to set one this time around. I’m a little over 10 pounds from my GOAL weight, and sure I’d love to be there in 7 weeks! I think my goals are going to be:
- GET ON WW ONLINE AND DO IT! No excuses. NONE.
- EXERCISE! Strength training, running, cardio.
- WATER! OMG, I have fallen off on my water intake, and that’s one thing I know helps me lose weight! WATER has got to be a priority!
- FRESH! I need to start consuming fresh, fresh, fresh food.
LET’S DO IT! It’s time to Join the Revolution AND Rethink Your Shrink!