June 24, 2010 By Christy
Today Christie O. has tasked us with looking back on the letter we wrote to ourselves in January. Yes, we wrote a letter to our 2011 self detailing all the wonderful and amazing things we accomplished in 2010. Confused? Go read my letter and I think you’ll understand!
So what have I really accomplished this year?
- I did in fact train for and complete the San Diego Rock ‘N Roll 1/2 marathon with Team in Training. It was, without a doubt, one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
- Although it’s not all thanks to me (because we have some amazing Sisters around here), the Sisterhood continues to grow and thrive. We inspire people daily to rethink the way they look at their diet and fitness. Heck, we’ve even inspired people to take up running and sign up for their very own 1/2 marathons. I am humbled and amazed by all of you!
- While I haven’t reached my goal weight, I also haven’t given up. I still have 6 months to go, and I have no doubt I’ll make it!
- I’m in the process of researching races I can do with my son, BJ. With the Texas heat, training will be tricky, but I’ve made the promise to him and myself that we’ll do it, and we will!
- I’m still on the fence about the Disney 1/2 marathon next January, but I am committed to doing the San Antonio Rock ‘N Roll 1/2 marathon on November 14, 2010. If I complete 2 Rock ‘N Roll 1/2s this year, I will get one of these! HEAVY MEDAL!
One thing I know for sure is I’ll be writing myself one of these letters every year. It’s an emotional experience to pre-write a letter outlining all that you hope to accomplish, and then to look back at it as you do the things you knew you would. You should do it too! Right now!