It’s time for the Editors’ Weekly Round-Up, where I (or Christy) share some of the fun, interesting, and meaningful things we’ve come across during the week.
- First up, one of my good friends, Kirsten, is selling BondiBands to raise money for her 14-year-old niece, McKenna who has been diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma. We triple-puffy-heart BondiBands here at the Sisterhood. They come in a zillion different colors, styles, and sayings. You want one or three, trust me.
- Speaking of fundraising, Beki spent NINE HOURS on a treadmill to raise money for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life. She ran and walked 28.15 during her Treading for a Cure event. Can you say WOW? AND she wore her high school cheerleading uniform for an hour AND IT FIT! Way to go, Beki. You are totally an inspiration, not to mention totally hawt.
- Is it possible to be healthy AND lazy? I love this post by Kendra.
- Do you know what to do if you lose a body part?
- And last, but not least, it is the birthday of one of the most amazing women I know. You may have heard of her. Her name is Christie O. Go read this post about all the places she will go and feats she will accomplish.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Melissa is the Co-Founder the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and the Shrinking Kitchen. She has been married to a wonderful man forever and is mother to six amazing children (18,15, 11, 11 and 3 and 1!). Melissa has reached her goal weight, and is now trying to find ways to fit fitness into her crazy busy schedule. She loves kickboxing and hates running, even though she has completed 4 half-marathons. When Melissa isn’t helping her little girl battle her brain tumors (Love for Jazmine Joy), she loves to travel, laugh, tend to her chickens, and dream of sunshine and mountains.