******A winner has been chosen! Geridurant77 is the lucky girl. Congrats! Email us at [email protected] with your mailing deets ASAP!******
Happy Friday Sisters (and Brothers!). It’s time for my weekly Round-up. Here are some great things I want to share with you:
- It’s Fall! I love this time of year with all of my being. The leaves are changing, the temperature is finally starting to drop below 90, and autumn squash abounds. Have you ever tried acorn squash? It’s to die for. Did you know that you can do so much with pumpkin besides make pie? Check out some of these pumpkin and autumn squash recipes. You’ll be so glad you did!
- Halloween is sneaking up on us fast! Did you know that more chocolate is purchased and consumed for Halloween than any other time of year. GAH. Here’s a good article I came across for making Halloween a little healthier for our little ones and us too!
- Meal planning is hard, but so necessary on this journey. Most afternoons I find myself on the phone with Lisa begging her to help me figure out what my family’s eating for dinner that night. Seriously. A small part of the time, I actually jot down a menu plan, and make a corresponding grocery list. That happens maybe 2x a year. I know. So I came across this post and thought I’d share it with some of my fellow meal-planning slackers!
- You get in all of your fruits and veggies everyday, right? And you know how many servings of grains your supposed to get, right? Well, if you need help, I stumbled across this cool little app called Servings ($1.99), to help you keep track! Optionally, you can add in Water and Exercise so you can easily keep track of those! So handy!
- Music inspires me. The right playlist can get me through a tough run, or keep me moving fast while I’m doing speed work. I have several Ultimate Playlists on my iPhone, so I’m always sure to have one to fit each run. When I know a run is going to be hard, I queue up Running1 (original, I know!) which starts with Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC, and includes Don’t Stop Believing by Journey and Lose Yourself by Eminem. If it’s a short, fast run, I pick Running2 (shut up!) which includes Hey, Soul Sister by Train, Intergalactic by the Beastie Boys and Ride the Wind by Poison. Yeah, I’m all over the place! For me it’s a combination of words that inspire me and a beat that matches my pace.
Subway wants to help you stay motivated with their Commit To Fit program, and we have a very special giveaway! They have provided us with a cute, little green iPod Shuffle and a $10 iTunes giftcard so you can build and use your Ultimate Training Playlist!
Here’s how to enter:
- Leave a comment telling us the top 3 songs/artists that get you through your workout.
- For an extra entry, follow @SubwayFreshBuzz & tweet about this giveaway using the #Commit2Fit hashtag. Make sure you’re following us, too! (leave a separate comment)
- Head on over to Facebook and Like Subway, okay? I mean, what’s not to like, right? While you’re there, you can enter the Commit To Fit Sweepstakes – they’re giving away $26,200 in cash and prizes! (leave a separate comment).
This giveaway will end on Tuesday, October 26th at 11:59 p.m. PT. A winner will be chosen via random.org and announced on Wednesday on this post. The winner will have 48 hours to get in touch with us ([email protected]) or we will chose another winner.
Disclosure: Subway provided me with a Commit To Fit prize pack for writing about their Commit To Fit program, and they are providing one prize pack for a lucky winner! No money exchanged hands, and as always the opinions expressed are my own.
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)
Thirty-nine year-old wife and mom to BJ (11) and Mia (7). I’m the editor at the Sisterhood, and I really love to run (really), read, cook amazing things, and photography is my fledging passion. My motivation is motivating other people to realize they can do this whole weight-loss and exercise thing. I’m living proof!