(Updated) Winner winner chicken dinner! Congrats Trish- you are the winner of the Fuel Belt. Please email your address and the item you want to [email protected].
I started running with The Sisterhood back in October 2009 during our Virtual 5K Challenge. Prior to that challenge, I hated to run and would never willingly choose to run as a form of exercise. Lo and behold, that challenge ignited a running fire in me that has led me to love running, to completing my first half marathon in June 2010 and for training for my second half marathon to commence in November. I have learned all about my body, pushed my mind beyond what I thought I was capable of, and suffered through injuires.
Yet, I persevere because running gives me something that I can’t get anywhere else- it give me back a piece of me, that is only for me.
Is it easy for me? No. But consistency and discipline play a key role as well as “mind over matter”. I had no idea had important my mind plays a role- NO IDEA.
Anyhoo, during the Summer months, running outside can be a challenge, especially in the Texas heat. Keeping hydrated is SO important during a run (during ANY exercise) and even more important when you are sweating buckets like I do. This is all fine and well when I am on a trail that has water fountains or water stations but I don’t want to be limited to only running in those places.
I needed a way to bring water with me on my runs so that I can stay hydrated (and not pass out).
Enter the Fuel Belt. Fuel Belt offers three different collections of hydration belts: The Classic Belt, the Helium Collection and the H2O Collection.
I chose the H2O Belt- it looks like this and is offered in a bunch of colors:
It took a little time to get used to running with something around my waist and to find the proper place for the belt to rest, but now that I have worn it a few times- I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.
What I like about this belt:
- Adjustable waistband (one size fits all! 24 inches- 44 inches)
- Breathable fabric
- 2 8oz bottles
- Small race pocket to hold sports gels, keys or whatever
- Stylish design- check out all those colors!
- Customize your belt to fit accessories that YOU NEED. This is my favorite part of this belt. I chose to add an additional water bottle and a medium sized pocket to hold my phone and aspercreme (oh aching muscles!). The choices are limitless and so are the accesories- you truly make this belt specifically for you- how awesome is that?!
You might be thinking that you have to be a runner in order to wear a fuel belt. Not true. Fuel Belts are great for walkers, hikers and anyone that is outdoors doing exercise.
Guess what? We are giving away ONE Fuel Belt to ONE lucky winner. Even better, the winner gets to choose which belt suits them best. You can pick ANY of the Fuel Belts if you win this giveaway- woot woot!
To enter this giveaway:
- Head on over to the Fuel Belt site. What product are you most interested in trying and in what color? Leave a comment and tell us about it!
- Follow Fuel Belt on Twitter at @FuelBelt. Come back and let us know in the comments.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Make sure to mention @FuelBelt and @shrinkingjeans. And then, you guessed it, leave the link in the comments.
- Giveaway ends Friday, October 8 at 11:59pm PST. One winner will be chosen via www.random.org and announced on this post.
Disclosure: We received the above hydration belt for review purposes only. We were not monetarily compensated, and, as always, all opinions expressed are our own. Fuel Belt is providing one hydration belt for the giveaway.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)