Winner winners! John, Meredith, and Tracy- you are the lucky winners of this giveaway. Please email your mailing addresses to [email protected] as soon as possible. Thanks and congrats!
I am a V8 convert. First with the V8 V-Fusion + teas and now with the V8 Low Sodium Spicy Hot Vegetable Juice. We did a review of both of these products a few weeks ago and told you then how much we love them. Yep, we love them!
So, I really really really wanted to try this recipe before we left for our Thanksgiving vacation, BUT life and 2 school parties and playdates and dinners and washing clothes and packing and running errands got in the way and so I just didn’t have time to try the recipe that I am about to share with you. However, rest assure that as soon as I return home, which will be as you read this, that THIS recipe will be one of the first ones I try this week because O-M-G it sounds so good!
Bon appetit! And keep reading down below for the giveaway details…..
Hungry Girl’s Yumbo Gumbo
- One 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
- 8 oz. peeled and deveined raw medium shrimp with tails removed
- 8 oz. white crab meat (about two 6-oz. cans drained)
- 1 cup Spicy Hot V8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup frozen cut okra
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, or more to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 3 minutes, until tender.
- Add tomatoes, V8 juice, and cornstarch. Stir well, making sure cornstarch dissolves completely. Cook until mixture begins to bubble. Add okra, Cajun seasoning, and Frank’s RedHot. Stir and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp, and continue to simmer until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 – 4 minutes. Add crab meat and 3/4 cup water. Raise heat to medium, and return to a boil.
- Remove pot from heat, cover, and let thicken for 5 minutes. Season to taste with black pepper. If you like, add a little more Cajun seasoning and Frank’s RedHot. Enjoy!
MAKES 5 SERVINGS
PER SERVING (1/5th of recipe, about 1 cup): 133 calories, 1.25g fat, 710mg sodium, 14g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 17g protein — POINTS® value 2*
HG Alternative! For a more traditional gumbo, add 3/4 cup cooked brown rice to the pot just before you cover it during the last step. Each serving will then have 165 calories, 1.5g fat, 710mg sodium, 21g carbs, 3g fiber, 7g sugars, and 17.5g protein (POINTS® value 3*).
GIVEAWAY!!! GIVEAWAY!!! GIVEAWAY!!!
I have three gift packs of V8 Low Sodium Spicy Hot Vegetable Juice to giveaway.
1. Leave a comment (have you tried V8? Do you have a favorite recipe using V8? Are you going to try this recipe?!)
2. Go like V8 on Facebook.
3. Tweet about the giveaway.
4. You must leave a comment below for each entry.
5. This giveaway closes next Wednesday, December 1st at 3 a.m. ET/12 a.m. Pacific. The winner will be announced Friday, later in the day.
Good luck and enjoy!
Disclaimer: We were not monetarily compensated for this review. The opinions expressed in this review are our own.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)