I thought I would take this week’s Saturday Review in a slightly different direction from the norm. Instead of reviewing a food product, DVD, etc., this week I’m going to review a website.
I first heard of the Me You Health Daily Challenge website back in December from a friend on Twitter. I finally got around to signing up for it on December 20 and have loved it ever since!
If you aren’t familiar with the site, they present members with one small action they can take that day toward better health & well-being. I truly believe that taking small actions can result in big changes over time. That’s one of the things I love about the site. Here are a few example of some recent challenges to give you an idea of what it’s like:
- Pledge to replace a sugary or alcoholic drink with water or sparkling water.
- Add one type of produce with omega-3s to your shopping list, like spinach or strawberries.
- Name your “trigger food,” a food that you can’t stop eating once you start and may eat mindlessly.
- Write for 5 minutes about 1 thing that’s stressing you, so you can think about it more clearly.
- Follow the 20-20-20 rule by looking away from your computer screen every 20 minutes at a spot 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
So, as you can see, the daily challenges aren’t difficult and can be completely quickly. I’m currently on a 100+ day streak of completed challenges. If you haven’t already discovered the site, I would definitely recommend checking it out. Like me, you just might realize how much small actions can make a big difference!
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)