Karena’s fabulous post the other day about not quitting now that the newness of the new year is starting to wane a bit, got me thinking about something I have read several times on my weight loss journey in my travels on various websites and message boards: the difference of being interested in weight loss and a healthy lifestyle and of being committed to weight loss and a healthy life style. Perhaps you have seen it. It’s from Linda Spangle’s “100 Days of Weight Loss.”
I am printing out this list and putting it somewhere where I can see it every single day. One on the fridge and one in the office for good measure.
Interested vs. Committed
People who are interested in losing weight:
- Stick with it until something better comes along
- Take action only if they “feel like” doing it
- Need to see results in order to stay motivated
- Blame people or circumstances for their struggles
- Easily give up when they face challenges
People who are committed to losing weight:
- Stick with their plans no matter what
- Take action whether they feel like doing it or not
- Assume that if they stay motivated, results will follow
- Take responsibility for their own actions
- Keep going in spite of challenges and setback
Which are you? Are you interested? Or are you committed?
Let’s hear from you in the comments!
(Visited 243 times, 1 visits today)