Who wants to be a runner?!
Once again, we are launching a sisterhood version of the Couch to 5K program, a 9 week program geared towards getting you from the couch to running a 5K in 9 weeks.
Ya’ll know that we have a large, loving, supportive group of runners here and we want to add YOU to it. Maybe you have watched us from the sidelines month after month, as women who had never run before took on the challenge of building endurance and slashing mental hurdles to achieve their goals. You wondered if you had the fortitude to do it. You may have thought- Nope, I can’t do it, I’m not a runner. You wondered why people fell off the bandwagon week after week- was it really that hard? You saw check-ins from a faithful few. You saw them ask questions about form and weather and the fear of failure. You also saw comments and blog posts about joy, amazement and happiness that yes, indeed *I can run for 20 minutes without stopping and I. did. not die.*.
Are you ready?
Do you have want it takes?
When the training program gets hard and like you think you just can’t possibly run for 5/10/20 minutes STRAIGHT, do you have the mental strength to get past the I can’t/I won’ts and JUST DO IT?
Bari and I will be your fearless leaders, helping to navigate your way to becoming a RUNNER and answering any questions you have along the way.
We love the Sisterhood, we love running, and we would LOVE to help YOU.
What do you need to do now?
- Give a quick shout out on this post letting us know you are IN IN IN!
- Join our *closed* Facebook group- Run the Hood C25K. All check-ins will be done here so hurry up and join. The group is closed meaning that while anyone can see who the members of the group are, ONLY MEMBERS can see the actual posts. Support and motivation will be abundant.
- Secure a pair of running shoes.
- Get very familiar with the C25K training plan (Couch to 5K training plan). Go ahead, click on that link and print that sucker out or get the mobile app!
- Get your mental space in the right space and repeat after me- I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT, I CAN DO IT!
- Watch for our Fall Run the ‘Hood Virtual 5K race announcement to be posted on Wednesday.
(Visited 1,064 times, 2 visits today)