September 9, 2009 By thea
EAS Challenge – CHECK!
5k Training – CHECK!
Good Choices – except for the weekend when I totally went insane when my sister-in-law made spice cake with cream cheese icing CHECK!
Result – DOWN 1 POUND!
September 8, 2009 By thea
I’m such a wuss.
I have been keeping up with my 30 Day Challenge without much pain. Well, there’s pain, but it’s the good kind. You know, the I-actually-worked-a-muscle-and-boy-it-felt-good pain?
And my 5k is Saturday so I’m in my last week of training, which I’ve also been keeping up with.
But you know what has me benched tonight?
My lower back has always been pretty weak and gets strained pretty easily.
You wanna know how I strained it?
Mopping the floor.
Which just proves that I should stop trying to clean my house.
Housework, if you do it right, can kill you. – Erma Bombeck
August 25, 2009 By thea
30 Day Challenge Profile
Hometown: Frederick, MD
Family: Married to Dave and Mom to Jake (6) and Emma (4)
1) Complete the following sentence – “When I look in the mirror I see… my mom’s stomach that won’t go away no matter how much I try.
2) What exercise do you take? What’s your current level of fitness? Currently, I am training for a 5k so I guess you could say running…although I don’t consider myself a runner by any stretch of the imagination. I also really dig the EA Active. I would say my currently level is moderately fit. But who am I to judge?
3) How do you relax? Oh goodness…I don’t. I’m really high strung and fly off the handle at a moments notice. Things I find relaxing are the sounds of nature (crunching leaves, crickets, birds, etc.) and sitting my any body of water.
4) Do you watch your weight? I try, but sometimes I watch it climb…like recently.
5) What’s your favorite body part? My arms. Aside from the farmer’s tan, I think I have pretty nice arms.
6) What’s your least favorite body part? The aforementioned tummy.
7) What’s your favorite way to workout? Alone. Blissfully alone.
8) Its time to work out, we’re most likely to find you decked out in? T-shirt and shorts. If I’m running or on the treadmill, I’ll wear shoes. But if I’m doing a DVD or Wii, I’ll go in my bare feet or socks.
9) You’re due to workout, but it’s pouring rain. What do you do? Truthfully, not work out. I am horrible at consistency and will find any excuse to not exercise.
10) What’s the one item you wouldn’t be without when working out? Music.
11) What do you hope to get from the 30 Day Challenge? A good foundation for FINALLY making exercise a habit and part of my life on a regular basis.
12) What are you apprehensive about going in? Not too much. I know I already love the EA Active Sports, I just have to, you know, DO IT!
13) How will you reward yourself after the challenge? Permission to spend money on iTunes. I hate spending money on iTunes.
14) Complete the following sentence – “I’m Active for …” myself. And Dave. And Jake and Emma. And Jake and Emma’s kids, should I be so blessed.