September 9, 2009 By april
I’m going to blog my weigh-in over here today. I admit, I’m not all that excited. I know, a loss, is a loss. And trust me, I’m grateful I didn’t gain, but man, this shrinking thang has gotten tough.
I know what the biggest problem is. I’m doing okay with food. I’m trying to remember to log in my points, but I don’t always remember. I know that defeats the purpose, but I’ve been tracking in my head for over a year now, so old habits die hard. My problem is that I’m not doing as high intesity work outs as my body is used to. I’m trying to build up Kelci’s endurance so that she can jog with me, so I’ve been doing more walking than running. So, the solution is to add more cardio, right? Sure, but the problem is I just don’t have the time to do that. I know I just have to be patient. I know w are getting close to running more than walking. In fact, I think next week will be good to start running her more. Patience right?
So, yes, right now I’m frustrated.
Please forgive me for no upbeat, uplifiting posts today. Please?
Last week’s weight: 144.2
This week’s weight: 143.8
August 10, 2009 By april
Also, it was the end of Week 2 of ChaLEAN Extreme. Since first starting Chalean Extreme I realized that my posts could all sound the same, so, I’m just going to keep you updated here and there until I move into the next phase. Here we go with my confessions:
1. I finished Week 2 of Chalean Extreme today. I think that I am starting to see a little definition in my arms, but it could be too early to tell.
2. I drank way too much beer and stayed up way too late on Saturday.
3. Because I drank too much beer and stayed up way too late on Saturday, I didn’t work out yesterday.
4. I only feel a little bad about this because I had good time with the best of friends and it rocked.
5. Today, I did my Chalean work out AND worked out with EA Sports Active. Loved it!
6. Bowling is going to start again this week. Where did my summer off go? Seriously.
7. I’m going to try to be better at bowling and only have a couple of beers on Thursdays.
8. It’s really hard to say no to a free beer, though.
9. I totally took a shot of a guy’s nice ass on Saturday. Look for it later on my personal blog.
10. Random: I once told a guy that I had a black belt in karate when he tried to cut the beer line at a concert. I don’t have a black belt, but he must have believed me because he apologized and went to the back of the line.
11. Wow there’s a lot of beer talk in this post. Um, yeah. My bad.
That’s all I got this week. )
August 6, 2009 By april
I took yesterday as a Rest Day from Chalean Extreme. I did do a little bit of exercise; wanna know what it is??? I can’t tell you what it is yet. Stay tuned!!! ;o)
Today, was back to Burn Circuit 2. In case you’ve forgotten, this is the work out that focuses on biceps and triceps and I LOVE this work out. I know I said it last week. I don’t care. I love it. ;o)
I can already tell that I’m getting stronger, and I totally need to get my ass out and get some heavier weights. I’m using my 10′s for most of the exercises, and while I reach failure on some of them, I don’t on a lot of them. My body isn’t going to make the changes that I want it to unless I’m using the right equipment.
Since, I’m getting the hang of the routine now, I find that I concentrate on the exercise and have good form, but I can also allow myself to listen more to Chalene. I noticed today that she really wants to teach you about each exercise. To me, this is important. I like to know what the importance of an exercise is, what muscle groups I’m working (if I don’t already know), and the constant reminder of form. I find that now that I can listen to her instead of just watching the exercise and trying not to fall over. And by listening to her, I can concetrate more on doing the exercise correctly with good form.
One question I do have though: All of you exercise DVD people…why are you ALWAYS smiling during these work outs? I see you smiling on the TV and I think, what the hell is wrong with them? I’m in full concentration mode, breathing hard, and grunting. I look up and see you smiling like it’s a piece of cake.
Overall, I’m feeling really good. Stronger. And I THINK I can already see some changes in my arms!! I would love to have some really toned arms! *Fingers crossed!!*